Outspoken Women is always seeking volunteers to help make our team a success. Please review our volunteer areas and apply if you are interested.
- Be a supportive person for underrepresented attendees. You would do this by saying hello, inviting them to eat lunch with you and including them in activities to ensure they feel welcome and valued at the event.
- Attend sessions being presented by underrepresented speakers, absorb their words of wisdom, take photos and share them on social media tagging Outspoken Women’s social accounts as well as using the #OutspokenWoman/#OutspokenWomen.
- If the speaker is not on Outspoken Women, encourage them to join. If they are an Outspoken Women on the site, add a Women in the Wild post with their session photo and info.
- Interview 1-2 speakers using templated interview questions, but allowing them to expand on the questions however they choose. In a perfect world, these interviews would be arranged before the event so the speakers can mentally prepare for them.
- Bring stickers or any other swag we have available to the event and handing them out or adding them to any community tables that may be available.
- Introducing yourself to the event organizers and possibly volunteering, where time allows, or helping with other initiatives that support the Outspoken Women mission.
- Have fun. Network, meet people and spread the word about Outspoken Women and our mission!
- Create Welcome posts when a speaker joins the site
- Promote other speakers at events you see on social media
- Overall campaigning for Outspoken Women related news and stories
*Buffer awesome account available
- Collect, add and send the monthly email campaign
- Start a weekly CFP email campaign – obtain CFP’s from multiple locations all over the internet of open source tech events
- Collect “stories” from our users and speakers
- Proof read and post news & stories
- Write Outspoken Women news stories & post to website
- Mentor aspiring speakers by reviewing slide decks, scheduling video calls and whatever you feel comfortable to encourage new speakers!
- Respond to contact inquiries from the website contact form
- Help Speakers maintain their speaker profiles
- Help Event Organizers maintain their event listings and answer questions
- Invite new speakers and users to Slack
- Report a website bug to development team
- Redirect email requests to the correct department
- Maintain the current Outspoken Women website from a development standpoint
- Make the current website better
- Respond to bug reports and make any appropriate immediate fixes
- In the future, build out a new speaker area that allows for adding and editing of speaker profiles through the REST API that would include multiple automated notifications and tasks upon speaker creation.