We need Outspoken Women that are willing to be ambassadors at events! Outspoken Ambassadors would receive a free ticket to the event and attend as a representative of Outspoken Women. As a representative of Outspoken Women, you would be tasked with the following things:
- Be a supportive person for underrepresented attendees. You would do this by saying hello, inviting them to eat lunch with you and including them in activities to ensure they feel welcome and valued at the event.
- Attend sessions being presented by underrepresented speakers, absorb their words of wisdom, take photos and share them on social media tagging Outspoken Women’s social accounts as well as using the #OutspokenWoman/#OutspokenWomen.
- If the speaker is not on Outspoken Women, encourage them to join. If they are an Outspoken Women on the site, add a Women in the Wild post with their session photo and info.
- Interview 1-2 speakers using templated interview questions, but allowing them to expand on the questions however they choose. In a perfect world, these interviews would be arranged before the event so the speakers can mentally prepare for them.
- Bring stickers or any other swag we have available to the event and handing them out or adding them to any community tables that may be available.
- Introducing yourself to the event organizers and possibly volunteering, where time allows, or helping with other initiatives that support the Outspoken Women mission.
- Have fun. Network, meet people and spread the word about Outspoken Women and our mission!